Another homeschool mom shared at the Five in a Row boards, that as a child, she had told her mom the ten things that she wanted to do when she grew up. Her mom kept the list all those growing up years and had it to read at the daughter's wedding. It was a sweet AND funny moment. Her story inspired me to record what my children at this point in their lives hope to achieve one day. It will be interesting to see which of these dreams will become a reality in the story God is writing with their lives.
13 Year Old A wants to:
- Be a writer, journalist, popstar...or Queen of the Universe!
- Live in Colorado.
- Get married and hopes its to someone she already knows.
- Travel around the world and definitely visit New Zealand
- Only have 2 children, twins, a boy and a girl.
- Make a forever best friend who will never betray her...she hopes to achieve THIS one this year.
- Grow to be 5'10'' tall.
- Live to see THE HOBBIT come out as a movie directed by Peter Jackson and also THE CHILDREN OF HURIN and THE LAY OF LUTHIEN AND BEREN.
- Act in 3 new STAR WARS movie. She wants her character to marry Jason Solo, Han and Leia's oldest son.
- Own a Corvette StingRay.
- Learn to speak Gaelic and Hebrew
(Yes, I know she didn't limit it to 10, but what's a mom to do?)
11 Year Old wants to:
- Get married.
- Own and run a boarding school.
- Live in England.
- Learn to roller skate backwards.
- Go New York Fashion Institute.
- Learn to double dutch.
- Travel to Scotland and take a photograph of the Loch Ness Monster proving its existence.
- Learn to speak Gaelic, Chinese, and French.
- Have 7 children, 3 boys and 4 girls (hmmm...that sounds familiar).
- Meet Corbin Bleu and Johnny Depp.
- Get closer to God.
- Change the world!
(I know, she didn't stick to 10 either, but since big sister got to have 11 items....)