Thursday, May 24, 2007


THANKFUL THURSDAY


THANKS FOR MY MOM

I'm so thankful for my mom, Evelyn C. Growing up, she was always there when I needed her...through the happy times like musical programs and birthday parties, but also through the not-so-great times like ninth grade geometry and broken hearts.
*
I'm not a little girl anymore, but my mom is still my mom and she's still there for me as much as she can be. She's been here for the birth of every single child and she always tries to help out when Super Hubby and I need to get away sans kids.
*
This weekend was just such a time. J was out of town on business, the annual homeschool conference was coming up, and hiring a babysitter for both days would have cost a fortune...more than the whole conference put together cost! Mom sacrificed her time, money, and energy to drive up and spend the whole weekend here providing not only for my children's basic needs, but doing it all with a loving spirit. She also ended up rescuing A and I from the side of the interstate when the car broke down on the way home on Friday!
*
We may not listen to the same kind of music, our nail polish colors are different shades, she eats a cookie for breakfast every morning and I eat pasta or Tex Mex food, but despite our different tastes, we agree on the most important things. And one of those important things is family and the priority it should be in our lives. My mom has shown me, through her words and actions innumerable times over the years, that she loves me and mine.
*
I thank God for my mom, for all she has done and continues to do out of love for her family. She has been a wonderful example to me and I hope that I will be just as wonderful a mother to my 7 children as she was AND IS for my brother and me.
*
I LOVE YOU, MOM!!!!
*
*****************************************
*
Thankful Thursday website: http://www.eph2810.com/?page_id=459

No comments: