Wednesday, May 30, 2007





My "WANNA READ IT" List

I love books. I love fat books and skinny books. I love rich classics and sassy modern ones. I love books that make me laugh, cry, think, dream, learn, grow, and sometimes with really good books I find myself responding in all these ways.

I truly am what would be called a bookaholic. My library card is usually maxed out...as are the other SIX cards my family has. And on top of the scads of library books I have checked out, I've got scores that I own that are precariously piled around our house just begging me to read them.

But despite their pleas and my promises that I WILL read them someday, I still dream of new books. As I said, I'm an addict and as an addict, I am irrational in my obsession about books.

Here are just a few of the titles that I hope I'll one day be able to grasp in my greedy fingers:

APPLES OF GOLD---Lisa Samson
TIGER LILLIE---Lisa Samson
SONGBIRD---Lisa Samson
JUSTICE IN THE BURBS---And yet another by Lisa Samson :)
VELVET ELVIS---Rob Bell
THE LINNET'S TALE---Dale C. Willard
THEODORA'S BABY---Penny Culliford
THE SPA GIRLS series---Kristen Billerbeck
The SAVANNAH series---Denise Hildreth
DIARY OF A PROVINCIAL LADY---E.M. Delafield
ONE PAIR OF HANDS---Monica Dickens
A PAGAN'S NIGHTMARE---Ray Blackston
CRANFORD---Elizabeth Gaskell
THE SEMI-ATTACHED COUPLE & THE SEMI-DETACHED HOUSE---Emily Eden

A newly discovered novel by JANE AUSTEN...doesn't hurt to dream, does it?

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad to have happened on your blog! I could have written this post...with the wanna read list changed. :) (I'm going to peruse it more carefully to see what I need to add to mine, though!) We frequently max out our *five* library cards...about which a good friend teases me mercilessly. ;-) I'm also going to check out Lisa Samson...haven't read her yet, but can't *wait* to after your reviews! Thanks!!