Monday, November 15, 2010

DAY 15 OF THANKFULNESS: FARAWAY PLACES & FACES

My thoughts are turned to faraway places;
My heart is pulled to faraway faces.



God has blessed me with the opportunities to do a good bit of traveling in these forty-four years of living. I've lived in different states and countries and been blessed with friendships that are truly my life's treasures.




Some days I go to sleep missing those places and faces, dream about them as I sleep, and wake with them fresh on my mind. This is one of those times. Though I often long for those who I can't see on a regular basis, some I will never see again this side of Heaven, I am thankful for them.





Those faraway places and the people there I love, have made my life richer, have made my life what it is. Despite the pain of being faraway, I wouldn't have missed out on knowing them for anything.



On this fifteenth day of November, I am thankful ... and praying for those distant dear ones.



No comments: