Wednesday, November 10, 2010

DAY 10 OF THANKFULNESS:
SUN-KISSED LEAVES & BLUE SKY



I am not a morning person. If I had my way, I'd stay up til at least midnight, if not til 2 or 3 in the morning, and then sleep each day til 9, 10, maybe even 11. I'm a night owl but I'm married to a morning person who works a regularly scheduled day job and I've got at least a few kids that also seem to think that new days should start when the sun comes up.

Over the years of marriage and parenthood, I've mostly accepted the fact that I have to keep pseudo morning person hours ... though, when the hunky hubby is out of town on business trips, I revert back to my rapscallion ways.

And when it is fall and the days are getting shorter and the mornings are staying darker longer, it is very, very hard for this night-owl-at-heart girl to drag her lazy self out of the cozy, warm bed.

Hence today's post of thankfulness.

This past weekend, the time changed. Now when my sweet man wakes me up at 6:30 or 6:45, I'm not looking out the windows of my cathedral ceiling bedroom to darkness but to sun-kissed leaves and blue sky.

And those sun-kissed leaves and splash of blue sky mean that this nocturnal-loving-Grace-girl finds it a lot less painful to start her mommy-wife day without too much grumbling and complaining.

No comments: