Thursday, May 24, 2012

THANKFUL THURSDAY

I have so many things to be thankful for tonight.

I'm thankful for the Freeman Family, a smalltown family who was willing to say "yes" to God and follow His call to Ecuador where just this week, they are settling into ministry at a children's home, Casa de Fe.

Freeman child looking out window on way to Ecuador missionaries missionary kid resized

I'm thankful for the Sims Family. Another regular family from here in Mississippi who is also willing to say "yes" to the call to go and minister. Laura, Jay, and their girls leave in just a few days for ministry school in Mozambique, a missions outreach in Brazil, and then after that? They have no idea but they are trusting God to tell them what they need to know in just the right time.

I'm also thankful for God moving on behalf of them as needed. Just this week, what needed to happen for their house to sell, happened. They've sold "their American dream", as Laura describes it, because they are that in love with Jesus.

I'm thankful for friends who last night and today spent time helping us get our "American dream" ready to sell. Our small group leader from cburch, Janine, came last night and helped me pretty up things. The pictures that have been lurking under my stairs and the mirror that was hiding in my closet are now looking good on our walls. My handy and handsome hubby also helped us by hanging up that hiding scrumptious but heavy mirror. And another couple of friends from church, Rosa and her daughter Kailey, came over and worked like crazy. With their efforts, we got more clutter done away with plus a whole lot of cleaning got done.

I should also thank my children who worked so hard today, too. What a blessing they are to me every single day.

And on top of all those blessings, there are still more things to be thankful for.

I am thankful for a daughter who has successfully completed her homeschool education, will be graduating this weekend, and is also saying "yes" to God's call as she leaves for Africa next weekend.

And last, but certainly not least, I am thankful for all our family and friends who have been so supportive of Anna during this time of transition. Whether it is a graduation gift, a donation towards her ministry trip, or faithfully praying for her, your support is being used by God to make this special time in my girl's life even more special.

Thank you all and thank you, Lord. Y'all --- and He --- are so much better than I deserve.

Truly, He is a good God who pours down blessings upon His beloved children.

No comments: