Tuesday, May 08, 2012

EVEN DIRTY DISHES...


...are lovelier in Thailand.  These are a pile of dishes I spied after a church service in Chang Rai.  Never have dirty dishes made me so happy.

P6140689 resized

A little over a year ago, I spent a week with Betsie before I accompanied her back home. I admit freely that the Thai people are some of the most beautiful people I've ever met and my time there was absolutely one of the most wonderful weeks of my life. I've told people that if God hadn't already set my heart on Africa, I'd be begging Him to let me live in Thailand. As it is, I'm already hoping that Betsie ends up living there so I'll have many excuses to visit.

And if my word isn't enough to convince you of its fabulous factor, check out this blog:

http://www.journeymama.com/

Rachel Devenish Ford not only writes scrumptious descriptions, but she captures images in such a way that make me want to pack up my bags and leave now!

So happy traveling friends...even if it is only in your dreams and thru the lens of a very perceptive observer.

No comments: