Monday, December 12, 2011

IT ISN'T TOO LATE!

Okay, let's be honest, I know I'm not the only procrastinator out there. And I'm sure I'm not the only mom in America who hasn't put up a tree, decorated cookies, hung a wreath, or sent out Christmas cards.


Elysa and big smile


Yep, I see those hands.
..and those other crazed faces.

And for those of you who have been on top of all of this for weeks (or even months) now, you can just sigh, send sympathetic thoughts our way, and generously offer to let my children come over to your house to participate in beautiful craft making and other seasonal traditions.

But for the rest of us, who might be freaking out just a bit with the realization that Christmas Day is in less then two weeks --- oh wait, you didn't know that? ---- this post is for you.

I've wanted for years to send out photo Christmas cards, but there was always one thing or another that kept me from going that route.

Either we were broke and Dollar Tree cards were all we could afford or I just didn't know what I'd do for a photo or we were broke or I waited too late and ended up sending out Christmas cards just before Valentine's Day or we were broke.

This year, I found an offer that Shutterfly was making available for a limited number of bloggers that made it possible for me to dream about Christmas photo cards. Then, it was a matter of actually getting the family together for the photo, getting the photos to my computer, etc., etc. so that dream could become a Christmas card reality. Needless to say, the great put'er-offer that I am is just now getting around to ordering said cards.

But thanks to Shutterfly and their fast order service, you can still order Christmas cards (as well as photo gifts such as calendars and mugs) and get them before Christmas! That's good news for a last-minute-Mrs. like me!

I ordered our cards today and found the system simple to use with a fabulous variety of cards to choose from --- in fact, 1,004 items showed up when I clicked on Christmas cards --- ranging from the very traditional to the uber trendy, from the totally secular to the seasonally spiritual.


5x7flatcard_hygc_pc_bethlehem_navy_1_a_r3


For our cards, I chose a dark blue template with a nativity theme. No, that's not our family pictured above --- a few kids shy of our million --- but you get the general idea.


You're gonna have to wait a few more days til you see the real deal.

And because I signed up for a new Shutterfly account, I received fifty free prints. I used this sweet treat to order some photos that I doctored up a bit and they now have the potential to be used as both holiday cards and prayer reminder cards for our upcoming trip to Africa.

Yeah, you'll have to wait a few more days to see those, too.

Anyway, to check out some of their other holiday offerings, follow these links:


christmas card love sfly


Christmas cards:
http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/christmas-cards


Christmas Card New Year invitation Shutterfly


Invitations:
http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/invitations


Christmas card thank you sfly


Thank you cards:
http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/thank-you-cards


christmas card photo blanket sfly


Photo blankets:
http://www.shutterfly.com/photo-gifts/fleece-photo-blankets

As I said, you're going to have to wait a while before I reveal our cards here, but if you'd like to receive a real, live, not-just-on-my-blog, beautiful, Shutterfly, Christmas card, let me know. I'd love to exchange cards with you. Receiving Christmas cards in the mail is one of my favorite traditions of the season.

No comments: