Wednesday, November 14, 2007

WHY WE LIKE FALL

I know that officially fall began several weeks ago, but here in the deep south, sometimes it takes a while for Old Man Weather to get around to acting autumnish. Now that the leaves are really changing and the temperatures are no longer sweltering, it really does feel, look, and even SMELL like fall.

A few weeks ago, I asked my kids why they like fall and here is what they had to say:

4 year old T: [I like going to the fair] and riding on the rides that go around the fair.

6 year old L: I like to jump into the leaves. And f its really cold, I can wear my new coat. And its my birthday on fall. And I get t go to the fair and Camp Dixon.

8 year old P: I like jumping in leaf piles, Fall Festival, gong to the fair, and my birthday's in it.

10 year old D: Camp Dixon...cause there's this cool ship they have there and you can play on it. They have these woods you can play in. There's a 3-mile race. And marshmallow fights. And jumping in leaves.

12 year old B: I love the briskness in the air, the cool days spent playing flag football and capture he flag, the excitement that the fair is approaching, the thought of Thanksgiving coming near, and the true beauty of it all.

14 year old A: Because the weather starts getting colder, I get to start wearing long sleeves. There's the fair, and of course, the 3rd most important holiday...my birthday.

2 comments:

Rhonda Jeanne said...

Oh, I love Anna's answer about the third most important holiday!! I thought she must talking about MY birthday as it also is in the fall, but apparently not! ;-)

Elysa said...

You're such a HOOT!

BTW, have I missed your bday? I'm thinking that I have. That it was actually quite a while ago.