Thursday, November 08, 2007



BIG NEWS


FOR A BOOK THAT CHANGED MY LIFE





If you've been following my journey back to Africa, you have heard me mention Lisa Samson's book, QUAKER SUMMER. Reading this book was one of the ways God used to get me ready for a life change. And because of this book I contacted Lisa and found out about HER planned trip to Swaziland. One thing led to another and here I am with just a little over two months to go before my daughter and I leave to go love on some sweet children.


Everyone I know who has read this book has given it high marks and many of them have had their lives radically transformed as a result...so I'm still more than a little amazed at how many readers have never even heard of this book.


Publisher's Weekly has just come out with their list of top books for 2007. Only 3 Christian fiction books were selected for this highly prestigious recognition. I'm so pleased to learn that QUAKER SUMMER is one of those 3.


Congratulations to Lisa! Keep up the good writing and I can't WAIT to see what God's got planned for you!!!


And if you've NOT read QUAKER SUMMER yet...DO IT! Its definitely a book whose value far outweighs the paper its printed on.


If you HAVE read QUAKER SUMMER, I'd love to hear your reaction and how it impacted your life.


Related links:








No comments: