Sunday, November 18, 2007


APPROPRIATE FOR A SUNDAY POST

"Once you have accepted Christianity, then some of its main doctrines should be deliberately held before you mind every day. That is why daily praying, and Scripture reading and church going are necessary parts of the Christian life. We have to be continually reminded of what we believe. Neither this belief nor any other will automatically remain alive in the mind. It must be fed. If you examined one hundred people who had lost their faith in Christianity, I wonder how many of them would turn out to have been reasoned out of it by honest argument? Do not most people simply drift away?"

C S Lewis, Mere Christianity

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Do you know I have never read this book? I need to get my hands on it... but Edward's copy is hard cover... he will never let me touch it. Now is that Christian? ^_~

Elysa said...

LOL!

I actually read most of it when living in Swaziland. But I will admit, the last few chapters got SO deep and SO challenging that I gave up.

We might have a paperback copy. Let me look around.

BTW, your comment reminds me of a blog entry by the Ragamuffin Diva and when her sister stole her crucifix necklace. Did you read that one?

Elysa said...

To make it easy on you or anyone else who might want to read it, here's the link to the entry I mentioned:

http://ragamuffindiva.blogspot.com/2007/11/crucifixations.html

I love Mair's authenticity.