Thursday, October 18, 2012

THANKFUL THURSDAY

Today, I am especially thankful for the women who fill my days here at We Will Go.

upload

Neighbors like Rose, up above, who was wearing reading glasses identical like mine tonight. I love giving her big hugs and she almost always makes me laugh.

My daughters, who so faithfully and trustingly are following me and their daddy on this journey of faith.

Other We Will Go missionaries, like Nancy who shared hot tea and brownies with me this afternoon at Love House, and Ashley, who led Bible Study tonight.

Unexpected company, such as the Bigler girls who I saw at nearby Two Sisters' Restaurants today and invited in for a quick visit.

Friends and strangers who bring by donations, like the lady who saw our ministry on tv and brought clothes, or my college friend Janet, who dropped off some food earlier this week.

And then there are the visitors who come to We Will Go to serve. Some, like the 6th grade girls from First Baptist Jackson who came last evening and helped in the clothing ministry, are here for just an hour or two. Others, like my missionary friend Amanda Larsen, who arrived from Haiti last night, stay for an extended visit, and for a while, become part of our We Will Go family.

All of them add something to my life here, something unique and precious. And for all of these women, I am thankful to my good Father who is constantly in the business of surprising me with His amazing gifts.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above,
coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights,
who does not change like shifting shadows."

--- James 1:17

No comments: