Monday, October 15, 2012

I THINK NOT!

Over the last couple of days, a group of young adults --- primarily students from Belmont in Nashville --- have been visiting us at We Will Go. They've led worship and prayer walked. They've gotten to know many of our neighbors and spent time hanging out with our kids. One of them, Mary, has spent extra time with my little Merry.

Last night, Merry decided to draw her a picture. That's one of the ways Merry shows her love for people. When Merry asked God what she should draw, God told her to draw a picture with a feather in it. A large feather image soon was placed right in the middle of the paper over the word God and with a bird flying in the background.

PA150221 Merry and Mary feather picture


When my Merry gave "big" Mary the picture, Mary was surprised to see the image of the feather. She shared with me that God has often spoke to her using feathers so the fact that He prompted a seven year old to draw a feather picture, something I've never seen Merry do before, is pretty incredible.

But isn't that just like our amazing, incredible God?

The same God who used a boy's fishes and loves to feed a multitude, the same God who sent a shepherd boy to kill a giant, and the same God who appointed a big sister to watch over the future leader of the Hebrew people as he floated in a basket, is the same God who can and does speak to my little girl and this time told her to bless a young woman with a feather picture.

Some might say that it was just a lucky, coincidental guess on Merry's part.

Coincidence? I think not!


1 At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”

2 He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. 3 And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.

10 “See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven. [11]

--- Matthew 18:1-5, 10-11

No comments: