Friday, October 05, 2012

A DAY WITH SOME LOVELY LADIES

Today, I was blessed with special times with some amazing, lovely ladies.

PA050041 Ladies' Luncheon Edited

The first set was a big set, it was half a dozen We Will Go female missionaries and a fellowship hall few of First Baptist Church of Jackson women. We were invited to be special guests and we had an absolutely blessed time seeing old friends, making new ones, eating delicious food, oohing and aahing over the creatively decorated tables, listening to a strong young singer, and being reminded of important truths shared by a home missionary working at an inner-city ministry in Houston, Texas.

I was thinking I'd be spending part of the afternoon with my homeschool mommy pals but had the times wrong so missed out on that. So instead, I spent the afternoon running errands with my littlest ladies, Merry and Laura, before heading home to prepare for Anna's homecoming. She arrived a little after five and I enjoyed her company while I fixed supper for Laura's birthday celebration part two.


PA050059 Laura's Birthday Part 2

And that's how we spent our evening, continuing our celebration of Laura's eleventh birthday. One of her best friends, Felicity, joined us for hotdogs, hamburgers, tater tots, corn-on-the-cob, and oven s'mores. We laughed over the movie MegaMind and then some of us went over to the pavilion for a time of worship and prayer as we are still celebrating the Feast of Tabernacles (Shelters) here at We Will Go.

Now some of my kids are in bed, some are still at the pavilion with their daddy, and some are watching an old Star Trek episode as I blog. A full day, full of good times that are now good memories.

Good memories that are gifts from my ever-loving Father.

No comments: