Monday, August 20, 2012

HAVE I TOLD YOU...?

Have I told you that I love Africa? That I am absolutely crazy smitten about that continent?

Yeah, I thought so. It doesn't take hanging around me long at all to pick up on that tidbit of information.

P8180196 resized

One of the aspects I love about We Will Go is that there are a whole lot of others there that love Africa, too. Most of the missionaries that live there have been to Africa, some of them numerous times, and we often have visitors who are also African aficionados. This past week was one of those times. A team that just finished up ministry school with Iris in Mozambique came and did their post-school outreach at We Will Go. It was so great hearing their stories, praying with them, serving alongside them, just enjoying their "just back from Africa" awesomeness.

Besides the We Will Go folks, I also have family members who are now African freaks --- well, besides those in my immediate family. My sister-in-law and her husband spent three weeks in Kenya this summer. I blogged a good bit about their trip and included some of her writings. Michael already loved it. Now Deidra's gotten bit by the African love bug, as well. We spent a few hours Saturday night looking at pictures, listening to their tales, and dreaming with them about lives spent in Africa.

P8180202 resized

And look what she brought me back! Aren't the little mud hut earrings precious?

Yes, I am one blessed woman. Not only is God letting me move to Africa next year, but He's sending me lots of friends in the interim that don't mind at all when I go on and on and on about Africa.

Shoot, even my oldest daughter, who before was always adamant about "not being called to Africa" now wants to live in Kenya for at least a few years.

At this rate, I'll have all my family and friends moving over there.

Well, a girl can hope, can't she?

No comments: