Monday, October 03, 2011

AN INTERVIEW WITH A NEWLY TURNED TEN-AGER

It is that time again...time to celebrate another MacKid turning a year older and time to interview that said MacKid for their traditional birthday piece. So without further delay, we present my daughter L! The newly turned ten-ager, as one of my facebook friends called her. Happy Birthday, L!

Thank you.

Tell me about your birthday celebration, starting back on Friday and working your way forward.

On Friday, me and my friends went walking around where we live. We jumped on a bush that looked like an igloo and hid from cars there. And we kicked a few mushrooms and we played a few games. We had cheesecake and pizza and strawberries at dinner time. And watched PINK PANTHER [the cartoon] and then the little kids went to bed and we watched the FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING, EXTENDED EDITION. They spent the night and we had a pillow fight and then we wrote on a notebook for talking since we had to be quiet.

What did y'all do the next day?


We got on the Wii and the computer, ate waffles, and then everyone left.

That brings us to today. What have you done on your actual birthday? How did your day start?

I woke up, had breakfast, did jobs, got on the Wii, had lunch, went shopping, played on the Wii, then played on the computer, then played on the Wii again, then opened presents, then ate dinner, then got on the computer, and then here! OH! And got fried Oreos.




WOW! That's a lot of Wii and computer time.

I know.

Enjoy it while you can because tomorrow is not your birthday and you will not be on the Wii at all.
I know. Okay, so what did you choose for your birthday breakfast menu?

Krispy Kreme Crullers, grapes, and milk.

Was lunch anything special?


Nope.

What did you do while you were out shopping?

Shop.

For what?

For.....my toys with my birthday money while my brothers and sisters got my presents.

What presents did you receive?


David gave me sidewalk chalk. Patrick got me a foam sword. Betsie gave me fried Oreos. T gave me Hershey's Chocolate Bar. M gave me glow-in-the-dark sea animals. My daddy gave me fuzzy flower slippers. My Grandmommy gave me a gigantic Littlest Pet Shop set and a WebKinz. And my mom gave me a white sweater exactly like the one I got last year except white.

But you picked that sweater out this year and last year, didn't you?

Yes, I did.

Obviously you like it.

Yep, and next year I'm gonna get black, or for Christmas. Or pink. Or purple.


At my birthday party on Friday, I got a Littlest Pet Shop set with a little doll that they have from Mikaylin. I got a Littlest Pet Shop set with pens and a flowered and striped notebook from Lizzie. Desiree gave me pre-historic fish that are real and they are very teeny. And...from Jessie, I got a notebook, $5. and m&m socks. Anna gave me chocolate chip flavored lip balm, mechanical pencils, Oreo bites, and a notebook.

What did you have for your birthday supper?

Hamburgers, french fries, and I'm gonna have cheesecake after the interview. And fruit salad for my supper.


Okay, so let's talk a little about you and what you are like now.

The same.


Oh, I'm sure you have changed some since last year.

Okay, I'm smarter. I've grown an inch. I'm mature. I now call one of my friends almost every day.

What new show or favorite books do you like that you didn't watch or read last year?

PAIR OF KINGS for tv show. GOOD LUCK CHARLIE for tv show. I read a bunch of really good books like SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS, FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING, LAURA INGALLS, and THE BOXCAR CHILDREN books.


What are your favorite colors now?


Yellow, orange, light blue, red.


What do you like to do the most with your free time now?

Read, color, play with Littlest Pet Shop.

What is your best memory of this past year?

I got a WebKinz account.

D
id we go anywhere this year that you really liked?

Children's Museum, Georgia, Grandmommy's house, Grandfather's house.


What things are you really hoping to do while you are 10?

Watch more movies, have more friends, get a bigger allowance, have more cats and kittens.

Is there something that the family is going to do that you are really looking forward to?


We are going to Africa.

Okay, so how do you feel about turning 10?

Awesome! And all the other good things like amazing and good and wonderful and amazing.



Well, I'm glad you feel all those good things about turning 10 because I think you are pretty awesome and amazing and good and wonderful and amazing. I love you very, very much, LG!

No comments: