Tuesday, October 18, 2011

CONTINUATION OF A CAREPOINT VISIT

Yesterday, I started sharing about one of the days spent at the Bheveni Carepoint but as I had written so much for that one day, I couldn't put it all in one post. I'll try to finish it up today, though if the rain sets in with lightning and thunder before I'm done, it might only be a part of the rest of the day.




September 22, 2010

After lunch, Mike, Danielle, Erica, and Kelly went on home visits while Jim, Anna, I, and some D-Team [members] plus a teenage boy we call Bhuti [Brother] Shongwe gave gifts to the older kids (stuffed animals for the girls; bounce balls and cars for the boys; bandanas, jump ropes, gum).


Jim did his African story with Xoloni translating, they sang a song or two, and they prayed.


They also had their meal of mealie meal pap (thick, cornmeal mush) and beans.

I once again was able to spend time with our [sponsored] girl Banele. We haven't met Nocolo yet as she goes to a school "far away". Two of the kids asked me specifically about their "special friends" in America. I will try to contact them when I get back to the U.S. One's family's name is O'Connell. The other has someone in it named Taylor. The little boy was so cute as he quietly told me in my ear that Taylor was his special friend.

Jim had to help one little boy get a thorn out of his foot. Many of the children were barefooted and frequently they would have to stop while outside and pull out thorns or stickers.



Towards the end of the day, Jim and I spent time talking with Deli about the fact that she lives alone but is not scared. I admire that in her very much. [Crime is very high in Swaziland and even when I lived there, I was very nervous and slept with a butcher knife and hand-held siren by my bed].

More later. Hand is tired.


*******************************************

If any of you are interested in becoming a sponsor of one of these precious kids, please visit Danielle Brower's website. She'll be able to answer any questions and then help match you up with a child that is needing someone like you to help ensure they have a meal to eat every day, school fee assistance as needed, a safe place to play and learn about God, and letters from you letting them know that someone out there is praying for them and cares about them. It really does make all the difference in the lives of these children. http://moms4change.net/

No comments: