Friday, August 26, 2011


THE PROCRASTINATING ENDS

I've been procrastinating on completing my missionary application. But I'm making myself sit down this afternoon and finish it all, including answering all the in-depth questions that make me think and also make me try to figure out tricky grammatical issues. Pray for me as I finish it up and then as Jim and I mail the forms in, that if this organization is God's will for us in Swaziland, that He'll continue to make the way clear.



Some days, I sure wish that this step of the journey was over and I was already in Swaziland rocking some fat, drooly babies; hugging some sweet, Swazi kids; and singing some joyful, siSwati songs.

But I know this time is necessary. I know we need these next two years to learn and grow in the areas God has planned for us. And I know I want to enjoy being with my teenage girls before they leave for college.

Why can't there be two of me?

And why do I procrastinate? I don't know. It seems to be the story of my life. Well....that, and my love for God, my family, my friends, and, of course, Swaziland.


No comments: