Friday, December 17, 2010

HOW SWEET IT IS....


...to be loved by him!

This evening, I walked in the house after an afternoon full of homeschool group, a family field-trip to see the lights and Christmas display in Canton, and some gift shopping at Target, to find an early present from my darlin' husband. He had bought me a new cd, JAMES TAYLOR AT CHRISTMAS. He wanted me to have it early so I could enjoy it this last week leading up to the holidays. And he knows how much I not only love Christmas music, but I adore the music of James Taylor.


One of our favorite couple songs of all time , going back to our dating days, is HOW SWEET IT IS (TO BE LOVED BY YOU). I've got a feeling that BABY, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE is going to become anothor Taylor favorite for us. Who can resist the catchy words, sassy melody, and flirtatious mood? Not this man's wife!

I also especially love his SOME CHILDREN SEE HIM because I always think of my beloved Swazi children when I hear the line, "some children see Him dark as they".

Other songs on the album include:

1. "Winter Wonderland" (with Chris Botti)
2. "Go Tell It on the Mountain"
3. "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town"
4. "Jingle Bells"
5. "Baby, It's Cold Outside" (with Natalie Cole)
6. "River"
7. "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"
8. "The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)" (with Toots Thielemans)
9. "Some Children See Him"
10. "Who Comes This Night"
11. "In the Bleak Midwinter"
12. "Auld Lang Syne"



So if you're looking for to buy a new Christmas album this season, for yourself or someone who appreciates the music of Sweet Baby James, then I'm thinking you don't need to look any further than this collection.

1 comment:

Karen Deborah said...

sounds good. How is it going with moving into your "new" house? Settled yet? I could sure use a heap of eggs. I don't think you need to worry about the "fresh" test. All the eggs we took last time were good. What a blessing that is. I bet you'd love to give the Swazi kids eggs. Maybe you will be a chicken farmer there some day.