Sunday, December 19, 2010

FIVE- (OR MAYBE SIX) -DAYS-BEFORE-CHRISTMAS INTERVIEW



According to who you ask, me or seven year old T, there are either five or six days til Christmas. In light of this, we deem it a good time to reflect on the season's celebrationing so far and what is to come.

First, we go to Patrick, our twelve year old.

Patrick, what has been your favorite part of Christmas so far?

Drinking eggnog and eating orange balls.

What are you looking forward to the most during the rest of this season?

Christmas Day.

Now to nine year old LG.

What has been your favorite part of the Christmas celebrating so far?

Going to Canton.

What was at Canton and what did you like so much about it?

They have all sorts of beautiful lights and they have museums that I like. And there are Animation 1, 2, and 3. I love all the stuff in the museum...how they put them up and change them every year. The rides. They are cool and awesome.

What are you looking forward to?

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

Why?

One, it is Jesus' birth. And its FUN!

Okay, now seven year old T.

What has been your favorite part so far?

First, I wanna say something. I'm not OLD.

Okay, you're not old.

Good. Take that back.

Take what back?

The thing that you said, I'm old. That I'm seven.

No, that is just how you say the years that someone is. NOW...what has been your favorite part of the Christmas season so far?

I'm not going to tell you until you take back that "old".

Okay, we'll just skip you and go to Merry.

Never mind, never mind, never mind, NEVER MIND!!!!!

Well, then quit being ornery and answer the questions.

Okay.

What has been your favorite part so far?

Can I first ask what I'm going to do at Christmas? What I'm looking forward to? I really want to do that!

No, what have you liked best so far?

Okay, okay. Ahem. Ahem. What I really like the most is ... let me think. I really liked eating the trail mix and eating the...wait, never mind. Oh yeah...and drinking the hot cocoa. And eggnog and custard. Now time for my looking forward.

Okay, T, what are looking forward to the most?

I'm really looking forward to getting presents, spending time with my family, and thanking God that He came and died for my sins.

Ahhh-h-h-h...I love those kids!


Merry Five-Days-Before-Christmas-or-Maybe-Six!

2 comments:

Lydia said...

I haven't meet your children, but they are fabulous!! :)

Elysa said...

Thanks, Lydia! Hopefully you'll get to meet at least one or two of my teenage daughters at Homecoming this year. Betsie is seriously looking at MUW as her college of choice. I'd love for her to meet you.

SPEAKING OF WHICH...I should message you. We are going to be doing lunch in your neck of the woods soon on our travels and maybe you could meet us!