Thursday, December 09, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PATCH MAN!!!


Today, my eleven year old son turns twelve. He is leaving behind the little boy years and facing adolescence smack dab in the hormonal face.

He is my boy who doesn't hold a grudge, still gives his mama big hugs, and just a few inches away from being as tall as his parents. He is my gift from God, my beloved Patrick.

As I'm wont to do on my kids' birthdays, I'm interviewing Patrick. Buckle up tight and prepare for lift off, here we go!

So Patch, give our readers your greeting on this auspicious day.

Hi!

How has your birthday been so far?

Great!

In what ways has it been celebrated up to this point?

I have had a wonderful breakfast and a nice lunch and the present was great.

What'dja eat?

For breakfast, I had donuts and ... donuts. For lunch, I had pizza rolls and mac-n-cheese.

What gift did you open?

Sonic Colors, a video game.

Who gave it to you?

Grandmommy!!!

Anyone called?

Um...Grandmommy!!!

What else are you going to do for your birthday?

Umm...I'm going to watch the VOYAGE OF THE DAWN TREADER at the midnight release. I'm also going to watch the RISE OF THE SILVER SURFER after the little kids are put to bed.

What are you having for supper?

Pizza!

And are you getting any other presents?

YES!

Do you know what they are?

Ye-uh-no!

So, Patrick, tell us a little bit about your twelve year old self.

What are your favorite things to do?

Watch Psyche.

What else?

Play video games.

Anything else?

Um....read books.

What are your favorite books?

Um.......HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON books.

How do you think you changed the most over this past year?

I've matured.

What was the best thing or things that you did or happened to you this last year?

I am a Boy Scout. My [missions] trip to Mexico.

How do you think you'll change between now and when you turn thirteen?

I'll be stronger and smarter and maybe taller.

What do you think you'll be doing in five years when you turn seventeen?

Probably working a job.

What do you think you'll be doing in ten years when you are turning twenty-two.

Air Force.

Do you want to get married and have kids?

I don't know.

IF you got married and had kids, how many do you think you'll have?

Four at the most.

If you could have anything in the world, no matter how much it cost or how crazy it sounds, what would it be?

Become a mutant!

And that, folks, is a very interesting way to end this post.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PATCH MAN!!!!!!!!

Thank you, thank you.

No comments: