Thursday, December 30, 2010

A BEAUTIFUL GIFT

One of the joys of traveling to Africa --- in fact, my favorite joy --- is spending time with the children. Despite the dirt, the poverty, the lack, it takes very, very little for a smile to form upon their sweet faces. This little girl is one that had a go-get-it personality despite the harshness of her life's circumstances. She glowed and lived exuberantly and was not a child you could ever overlook.

Just seeing her smile even now makes me smile.

How blessed I am by God to have gotten the privilege of meeting her, spending days with her, and loving her. I pray that He'll bring me back to her and all those other beautiful Bheveni children again in the not too distant future.

I also pray that she will always have many, many reasons to smile.



Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.

~Mother Teresa


No comments: