Saturday, September 13, 2008

FAITH BOOST
.
Many times, the news coming out of Swaziland is sad...another mother dead, more children orphaned, someone else diagnosed with HIV/AIDS. On August 22 of this year, during the "Forty Days of Prayer for the Children", I shared a story about one such woman. She had received the kind of news that people in Swaziland dread hearing, but unfortunately, is all too common. This widowed mother of eight was told that She was not only HIV+, but had pneumonia, and most likely had TB “underneath all this pneumonia.”
.
Now I want to share the rest of the story as told by Children's Cup missionary Susan Rodgers on her blog:
.
In my last post I shared about my friend who was very sick. Well, this past Monday she came to me, and I was floored by how healthy she was. No TB in her lungs (per an x-ray). No need for ARVs. No more sores in her mouth. She was feeling strong, and her face was beaming. I couldn’t believe it! We stopped and prayed together, thanking God for helping her back to health so quickly.
.
Then that same day, Ben and I visited an orphanage in Bulembu (a city in remote Swaziland) run by two amazing people, Gerry and Robyn Richter of ABC Ministry who have committed their lives to caring for orphans. I met several children whom God has miraculously healed. Several doctors have just shaken their heads in awe. One little boy is completely healed of AIDs, having no more need for ARVs or any medication whatsoever.
.
Now isn’t that cool timing for us to witness such a phenomenon on the heels of my plea for the Lord to help my unbelief? My faith is certainly boosted.
.
God is so good. Really, really, really good. He does hear our prayers. Gerry and Robyn are living in the midst of so many answered prayers every day. What an exciting way to do life!!
.
Lord, please bless them. And thank You for this faith boost! May everyone who reads this news also experience a swell of faith inside their hearts. You do awesome things, Father. We praise You for all You’ve done!
.

1 comment:

Karen Deborah said...

Hey come by an read my post it's very similiar.