Thursday, September 04, 2008

THANKFUL FOR SWEET MOMENTS
.
Despite the hard and sad things touching my life right now, I'm thankful for those sweet moments that minister to my heart in such beautiful ways. One such moment happened this morning. I was in the kitchen and looked out our big window to see my two youngest daughters, both blonde headed and almost twin-like in appearance, walking across the driveway on the way to the compost pile. Big sister L had a kitten in her arms while Little Miss M carried a bucket in one hand, walking almost tippy-toed, while our black and white border collie pup frolicked around her. Big sister has decided it is time that she start teaches her baby sister how to do the jobs she will one day grow into. And Little Miss M thinks its all a wonderful game.
.
It wasn't anything incredibly complicated. This farm scene won't make all the world's woes go away. But this precious scene of two darling, beautiful girls brought joy to my heart and a smile to my middle-aged mommy face and reminded me yet again, that life is beautiful...despite the pain.
.

1 comment:

Rhonda Jeanne said...

Those 2 little ones are certainly some of life's mostest beautifullest peoples ever.Absolutely.