Wednesday, September 03, 2008

A MIRACLE AND A PRAYER REQUEST
.
One of the inner-city ministries that we are involved with is Wingard Home. In light of the tragic news related to the other ministry we serve through, WE WILL GO, I wanted to share a little good news. Actually, some BIG good news. Because though there will be defeats in this war against sin and destruction, there will also be many, many victories! Here's what co-founder Charlotte Wingard sent me:
.
To all who support this ministry- by prayer, by funds, with things, or good words to others:
.
We had a miracle from God yesterday through a precious lady named Betty Hodge*, whom we met a church car wash. Please allow me to share our miracle with you...all to God's mighty power and His glory!
.
I had a young woman of 33 come to me, homeless with nothing and NO hope of getting a job (in her opinion) because she has a felony on her record from the past. For weeks, she has been looking and looking for a job to no avail. I got her in G.E.D. classes believing that it would increase her potential for employment and encourage her to push forward.
.
Yesterday, God reminded me of a lady at Restoration Fellowship Church who had previously called me on behalf of one of her workers at Will Staff who needed a place to live. Her name was Betty Hodge: and she was appointed and chosen by God to be in our "pathway" at this particular time. I called her as quickly as God told me to with the story of Bobbie Jo and the request for help. She said bring her to Will Staff office......she would introduce her to the people in the industrial division.
.
Well, my friends, God gave her a job with Nissan on the spot and Will Staff gave her a few days to get steel toed boots and a ride. She will begin as temp and, after three months, if she has proven herself, she will be hired as permanent. What an opportunity God has laid at her feet!
.
Jamie Letson, our community liaison & grant writer began to make calls to some of the "help agencies" and churches to try to find someone who would get Bobbie Jo a pair of steel toed boots for work. She got a resounding NO! No! & No! from everyone she called. a little disgruntled, she determined to try again later.
.
This morning, she called Galloway UMC and asked the secretary about helping with "shoes for work". She said apologetically that Galloway no longer helped with things like that. Then, she said, "but, wait, I have a pair of shoes stuck here under my desk- they were left over from when we did help with that.....it is a pair of steel toed boots and I have been meaning to get rid of them for months, but, for some reason, I have been putting it off. When Jamie told her that Bobbie Jo wore a 6 1/2 to a 7 and the lady looked at the shoes under her desk.....all she could say is "Oh! my goodness! it has to be God! They are a size 7! We are all shouting Yeah! God and praise Him for miracles and signs and wonders!! Is that not the coolest thing you have heard today?
.
I love this job sometimes, I really do. Now all we have to do is find her a little car, because CARES of Mississippi has agreed to give her gas money until she gets her first pay check if we can find a car for her to take to Nissan every day......."that, too, is a piece of cake for God"!
.
We would ask that you put Bobbie Jo on your prayer list and keep lifting her up to God for healing in her mental and spiritual life. God can take the mistakes we have made from our past and forgive them.....then take the situations we face each day and be glorified in them if we just forgive ourselves, the ones who have wronged us, and let God take control of the whole situation.
.
I am your eye-witness reporter, because, this day, I have, once again, watched God work His life changing miracles, signs, and wonders!!
.
In awe, I am!
Charlotte Wingard
.
*From Elysa---Betty goes to church with our family and has faithfully ensured that her teenage nephew has been able to participate in our youth group's "Summer of Significance", including him ministering to the folks who live at Wingard Home, especially the boys he energetically played basketball with as pictured below.


No comments: