Tuesday, September 16, 2008

THE BLOG POST MY TEENAGER IS HELPING ME WRITE


How's that for random? See, I need to write a post. And I realize that most of my posts lately have been very heavy. And that's okay. Because sometimes things ARE heavy. But today I'm in the mood to just be a bit of a goof...probably because I spent most of the day shopping with my kids and now hubby is gone to Scouts with 2nd son so anyway.

Let's see where this random adventure in blogging takes us.

So Indie (we'll use that as her top secret blog name for now), what do you think I should blog about?

(Indie gets an evil grin on her face).....Uh--h-hhh....what ever you want to blog about, I guess.

Hmmm...very helpful isn't she.

So....anything...

You use "so" a lot.

Okay, so anything...

You did it again. "So" is a place holder, it's taking up space you could be using for intelligent...

"Using for intelligent"...what?

Never mind.

C'mon. Help me write a blog post.

"

Okay, what is your favorite part about living in Mississippi?

(She looks up at the ceiling with a very perplexed face)
I guess the only good thing about Mississippi is SOME of the friends I have here.

So, you don't like how safe it is in general or that everyone is friendly or....

JACKSON HAS THE FOURTH HIGHEST RATE OF MURDER IN THE COUNTRY!

...or that there are some really good restaurants and we can let y'all roam the countryside and...

I could do that in Montana, too.

....and most people believe in God and...

They SAY they do. That doesn't really MEAN they do.

Hmm....I see a trend not just developing, but the trend is here! I wanted to write a fun, goofy post with my 14 year old daughter....

FINE! Let's talk about the Jonas Bros. (I'm almost 15.) You like to talk about the Jonas Bros. more than I like to.

Uhh...no. They're fun. But you do it more. So, let's talk about the Jonas Bros.

Okay.

Talk.

There's a cover on PopStar magazine that Betsie was looking at and Joe kind of looked like a vampire...

I'm NOT going to write about that.

...and he looked like he had guyliner on and his skin was really pale. It was cool.

Rolling my eyes here. And we've not even let her read the TWILIGHT BOOKS (said in a very quiet voice).

MOM! I can't hear you!!! If you want me to answer you, you have to talk louder!!!

OKAY!

So....light, fun subjects...NO VAMPIRES AND GUYLINER! (said thru gritted teeth)

I like guyliner (said in a false, sweetie-pie voice). It's cute.

Teenager grins at me over the top of my beach monkey bedding.

Well, this random blog post has just been interrupted by wild creatures running into the house. Oh, those are my children.

Monsters, I tell you.

No Indie, they are NOT monsters. They are my precious blessings. Really.

Like the ring was Gollum's "Precious"?

On that note, we say adieu. Say goodnite, Indie.

No.

Sigh.............
.

2 comments:

Rhonda Jeanne said...

LOL!!!!! precious!

Karen Deborah said...

Stinkin cool post! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
whoops BAWAHHAHAHA cna't spell that either.