Monday, September 22, 2008

CELEBRATING THE FIRST DAY OF FALL
.
I love this time of year. In fact, Fall is my very favorite season followed by Winter and then Spring. Summer is not even my number 4 favorite season as it's not a favorite at all. I admit it, I'm a temp wimp (though not as much as I used to be thanks to my tough ole green beret hubby) and so the deep South HOT AND HUMID summers are just not something I look forward to each year. But FALL....aa-a-a-h...

Here are a few of my favorite things about this beautiful season:

Cooler temperatures...long-sleeve shirts...campfires...spider lilies...homeschoolers camping at Camp Dixon...state fair...cinnamon and pumpkin spices...fireplaces ablaze...lots of family birthdays...Fall Festivals...colorful leaves...sweet potatoes...sweaters...soup in the crock pot...sunflowers...Indian corn...cranberry sauce...leaf piles with jumping kids...Macy's parade...acorns...Mississippi State cowbells...s'mores...scarecrows...cranberries...pilgrims...mosquitoes depart...blue ribbons for crafts...Thanksgiving...boots...new Troubadour pledges...toe socks...pumpkins and gourds...and the Advent season, too.

No comments: