Saturday, October 27, 2007


ON HAVING A TEENAGE DAUGHTER
.
There are many great things about having daughters who are now in the adolescent years, is all the fun things we can do together and share....shopping trips, make-up, accessories, eating out at NON kiddie places, hormone swings...er...okay...so we DO have that in common though they're not too fun. Though, come to think of it, telling the stories AFTERWARDS can be pretty funny!
.
Another thing that I'm loving about having daughters this age is that we can share many of the same great books. All three of us adore Jane Austen. We chuckle over the BABY BLUES collections. And now Lisa Samson is writing young adult fiction that's smart and sassy enough for both generations to enjoy.
.
In the previous blog post, I shared an interview with Lisa Samson about her new book, HOLLYWOOD NOBODY. Nearly 14 year old A has written a review of it and braggadocios mom that I am, I just had to link to it:
.
.
Perhaps ONE day, I'll be posting reviews of my daughter's books. ;)


1 comment:

Rhonda Jeanne said...

I read A's blog read a few articles. Great writer! I was very impressed by her take of Hollywood Couples and how they have influenced young people. She sees right past all the glitz, glamour and scandal, when most girls her age are just the opposite...swept away by it. I left her a comment, I hope she doesn't freak out that anold person read her blog. And commented.