Tuesday, October 16, 2007

BIZARRE but blessed HAPPENING

Okay, so I'm hanging out with my nearly 14 year old daughter discussing books. She's saying how she is really wanting to read EXORSISTAH, an upcoming young adult book by Claudia Mair Burney, and I was saying that I couldn't wait for my copy of HOLLYWOOD NOBODY by Lisa Samson to arrive. I was supposed to be rec'ing a copy via the good ole U.S.Postal Service.

Two minutes later the bedroom door opens and my 12 year old daughter hands me a package....its HOLLYWOOD NOBODY! Okay, so maybe that's not a big deal to some of you sophisticates out there ;) , but to us it was pretty darn bizarre that while I was opining about HOLLYWOOD NOBODY, my daughter was getting it out of the mailbox.

I'll admit it, I'm easily excited. But even I have my various levels of excitement...there's the low level excitement I feel when I grab a handful of M&M's and find that they're mostly blue and green ones, and then there are those things that make me want to blog about it ASAP...and this was obviously one of "those"...though I had to wait til today to blog about it due to various other demands (including starting Latin with aforementioned daughters).

I'm speeding my way thru a brand new hottie from the library that can't be renewed, but as soon as I read the last chapter, I'm wrapping my greedy, freckled hands around HOLLYWOOD NOBODY and settling in for a read that promises to be amazingly fun!

For more info on HOLLYWOOD NOBODY and the very talented and entertaining authors Lisa Samson and Claudia Mair Burney, check out these links:

http://lisasamson.typepad.com/blog/ ---Lisa's blog. GREAT writing! I visit it every day as its updated frequently with her mix of sass and heart.

http://www.navpress.com/Store/Product/1600060919.html ---You can not only order the book, but read the first several pages of the book. Be warned, you'll probably find yourself immediately hooked!

http://ragamuffindiva.blogspot.com/ ---Mair's blog. Its a rich, gumbo of grace infused writings.

5 comments:

Melissa Markham said...

I really like your blog and have added it to my RSS feeds:) Thanks for entering my Mosaic contest! Good luck! I really enjoyed the book!

Elysa said...

Thanks for visiting, Melissa. I hope future visits bless your socks off! :D

Stacy Wills said...

don'tcha' just love synchronicity?

Elysa said...

Oh yeah! Especially when good books are involved. ;)

Mary said...

Sooo cool!