Tuesday, October 02, 2007


GRACE FOR TODAY


My heart was sad last night as I thought of so many of my dear ones who are going through various trials right now...depression, troubled marriages, physical ailments, grief, failing finances, legal difficulties, false accusations, wayward children, betrayal, and on and on the list goes. I prayed for them as I hurt for them. I want to see them reach the other side in victory. I want all that's good for them.


This morning I was reminded that their Father loves them oh so much more. He's a mighty God. He's a personal God. He's an involved God. He's the God who will not leave us or forsake us.


"That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good. God knew what he was doing from the very beginning. He decided from the outset to shape the lives of those who love him along the same lines as the life of his Son. The Son stands first in the line of humanity he restored. We see the original and intended shape of our lives there in him. " Romans 8:28-29


This morning I heard Steve Brown say in my online morning devotional time that "If you know the end, the process is bearable if the end is good."


I pray for all of you who are struggling, hurting, searching this morning. I pray that you will be able to rest in the storm knowing that He is loving you and promises to use EVERYTHING for your good and His glory.


I can't wait to hear your testimony of good "on the other side" one day.


With His love....and mine, too,

Elysa

No comments: