Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Happy Birthday...

...to one of my favorite "just getting better with time" friends and relatives.

Beth, the fun times we've shared together are more than I could ever enumerate. From cruising the coast to fried clams and macaroni-n-cheese, you made my teenage years so much richer.
As you add another year, my dear cousin, I dedicate to you the "old fogie" version of Xanadu. Just 'cause we're getting older doesn't mean we have to quit being fun!

BIG BIRTHDAY HUGS AND KISSES!!!!!
Elysa
(AKA Miss Piggy)

4 comments:

Shauna said...

Now I can't get Xanadu out of my head and I feel a strange compulsion to roller skate! :)

Elysa said...

LOL! I'd forgotten how much they roller skated til I started watching a bunch of the movie's footage at YouTube.

I'd also forgotten how scantily clad the women were and how bizarre some of the dance moves were!!! Or maybe its because as a 14 year old I just wasn't looking thru the eyes of a mom with 2 adolescent girls! Man...parenthood sure can mess up some stuff. Need a perplexed icon here.

And my cousin says that she didn't remember any of the cussing til she started letting her 8 year old watch it.

Oh well, despite that, I sure do love the music and when I watch the clips, even though there are some parts I could live without, it brings back to me how I felt as a young teenager watching the movie and entering into a wondrous place called XANADU.

BTW, I had the soundtrack album and used to listen to it over and over again since it was in the pre-home video days. If only I had some video footage of my attempts to dance to the songs. I'm sure I could win a fortune on America's Funniest Home Videos! LOL!

Kelley World said...

I found that movie to be so magical.Xanadu began my interest in mythology, I enjoyed those crazy characters of mythology.
Thank you E for posting that, I so enjoyed it. Love ya, love ya, love ya girl, you're such a blessing to me.

Elysa said...

You are most welcome, cuz!

And maybe those characters reminded you of some of those near and dear to us.;)