Sunday, April 29, 2007

SURF'S UP!



Aloha! Some "firsts" happened in my life today. At church, for the first time, I was led in worship by a band all dressed in luau regalia complete with leis, Hawaiian prints, and even a PINK straw hat...and that was on the goateed guitarist!!! I also listened to a sermon preached by a pastor wearing pink, orange, and green plastic flowers around his neck...definitely another first. And then, I got to watch Baby M enjoying her first "luau" as our church had a Hawaiian themed potluck party. She especially liked the toy monkeys hanging about the gym! Life sure is fun with such a crazy church, good friends, and lots of kids to enjoy it with.

Here's another first, for the first time I fixed SIMPLY SURF'S UP MEATBALLS. Actually, its probably be the first time they've EVER been made as I invented the recipe as I cooked them and I've never tasted anything like them before. They turned out quite yum-o if I do say so myself ;) . Here's the recipe if anyone else would like to give them a try:

2 bags of frozen meatballs (original flavor...not "Italian")
1 can of crushed pineapple
1 cup of salsa
2 tsps of Ginger (powder form)

Cook the meatballs in a skillet with just a bit of oil and occasionally turning them til they are browned. While they are cooking, mix together the pineapple, salsa, and ginger. Put half of it in the bottom of a crockpot. Put the meatballs in the crockpot. Pour the rest of the pineapple/salsa mixture over the meatballs and stir GENTLY til all the balls have some sauce on them. Cook the meatballs on low or high heat til they are hot and bubbly then turn to warm until ready to serve.

Eat them by themselves or they can be served over rice. If going the rice route, double the "sauce" so that you'll have plenty of it to flavor the rice.

No comments: