Wednesday, April 25, 2007


On Turning TEN
.
My oldest son is now living in the double digits. A whole decade has passed since we were blessed by the birth of this smart and sensitive boy. In that time we've watched him grow from a bald-headed baby with just a few duckling feather hair strands sticking up on the back of his head to a young man growing in Godly character (and with a full mop of blond hair!).
.
As I watch him grow in stature and spirit, I pray that his life will reflect this passage:
.
"...His delight is in the law of the Lord and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in due season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalm 1:2-3
.
And now here is my firstborn son D, to tell you in his own words, about his very special day:
.
"When I woke up, my brother P had asked me to wake him up, too. And we played checkers. For breakfast, we had waffles and eggs and Lego waffles. Before I ate my breakfast, I opened my presents. My favorite present was a Game Boy Advance and Lego's Star Wars II to go with it. I also got a Lego set, my sister L gave it to me. I also got Hot Wheels cars from my brothers and sisters.
.
After breakfast, my mom took the same picture on her blog that's showing right now on her post of me holding my Game Boy Advance and Lego's Star Wars II to go with it.
.
After that, I did my jobs and then I built the Lego set that L gave to me. It was a Lego Aqua Raider set. I played with it a little bit then I read the instructions for my Lego Star Wars II, how to play it. The game was very fun and I beat the 1st 2 levels in my first time.
After I played it, I went outside. After we came inside, I only had 1 job to do and that was to watch [Baby]M for 15 minutes. I didn't have that much jobs because my mom said I don't have that much because its my birthday.
.
For lunch, we had macaroni and cheese and pizza bites. I picked out all the meals for that day.
.
After lunch, I only had a couple of jobs to do and my mom said that when I finished with all my jobs I could play on my Game Boy for 20 minutes. After I finished my jobs, I played my Game Boy and beat the 3rd level. Then, I watched Star Wars Episode IV. Then my mom told us to put away our laundry when she woke up from her nap.
.
When my dad got home, he asked if I could show him my Game Boy. He played Level III. But he didn't have time to finish it because it was time for supper. For supper, we had cheese grits, bacon, fried eggs, hash browns, and biscuits.
.
After supper, we went to our church cell group. I got to show my friends, the Macoy boys, my Game Boy, and I got to play, they got to play, P got to play, and B got to play. After the adults were done talking with their cell group thing, I got a cookie cake and our cell group sang Happy Birthday to me. After we ate the cookie cake, we went home and I went to sleep.
.
And that is my birthday day!"
.
Happy Birthday, D! You are greatly loved and a true treasure.

No comments: