Saturday, March 10, 2007

UP WAY TOO EARLY

Super Dad took the 2 oldest boys camping last night with some other men and sons from our church. I decided to make it a special evening for the 2 oldest girls so I let them invite a couple of friends over for a mini-sleepover.

We put the little ones to bed around 8:00 but the big girls and I were up watching movies (ONE NIGHT WITH THE KING and LADY IN THE WATER), eating pizza, munching on PoPcOrN, and indulging in copious amounts of icecream and M&M's (though I skipped that culinary treat). After I said goodnight to the girls and their crazy version of Truth & Dare, I played on the pc and read til around 3:00.

I was hoping I'd get to sleep til at LEAST 8:00. Alas, that was NOT to be. Hobbit Baby was ready to be with her "Ma" promptly at 7:00 and so by 7:05 all 3 of the littlest ones were bouncing and laughing in bed with me. Oh well....

When I finally walked to the kitchen to preheat the oven for sweet rolls a bit later, I found 2nd oldest daughter sitting on the couch watching WAR AND PEACE! Guess who NEVER went to bed last night?!? The others finally went to sleep super early this a.m., but this one figured why even bother going to bed when it was already so close to the time they'd normally wake up? I think the REAL reason is she didn't want to be covered with shaving cream or lotion. Yep, at least ONE girl will be waking up to a little surprise this morning.

Off to pop those sweet rolls in the oven and then try to bring SOME sort of semblance to the domestic chaos that surrounds me!!!!

I've only been awake for 45 minutes and I'm already looking forward to a nap.....

No comments: