Wednesday, March 14, 2007



Here's a run-down of the last couple of days:

On Sunday we had church, A. went with Mason's family for lunch and then the teen group to a fundraiser, then she had her teen group time at church while the rest of us munched on Domino's pizza and watched first ONE NIGHT WITH THE KING and then FACING THE GIANTS. I especially found GIANTS to be very inspiring! Yes...I was crying.

Monday was a regular ole stay at home day! Woo-Hoo!!! I love those kind!!!! A highlight for the kids was that the first cat of the year had kittens. Black cat Columbine gave birth to 1 tortoise shell, 1 tabby, and 2 black kittens that night in the "hayloft".

Tuesday found B dancing at a nursing home with her clogging group. And last night the 2 big girls and I went shopping til ONE O'CLOCK in the morning!!!!! We do this 3 or 4 times a year. I had birthday money to spend, we had groceries to buy, and we needed to start buying them some things for the spring and summer (CAMP!). The LOW point was finding much to my frustration that so much of this springs' women's clothes (at least at Target and Wal-Mart) are just down right UGLY or if they're cute, they're MUCH more expensive than I'm willing to spend. The HIGH point was the LUSCIOUS and FREE mud pie cake I got at Border's thanks to a birthday coupon. But the best part of all, was just spending fun girl-time with A & B.

B is gone today with a group from Clear Branch Baptist Church. They are serving lunch at a homeless shelter. This is the first time she's ever done anything like this so I'm looking forward to hearing her reaction to the experience.

D, P, LG, and T had fun drawing designs in the dirt out in the pasture. LG did a great portrait of me. That's it up above. :)

The wee ones are now down for their naps. A, D, and P are working on homeschool assignments and doing their afternoon chores. I'm bushed! As soon as the potatoes for supper finish cooking, I'm getting in bed with my daily dose of M&M's, a good book (MY BROTHER'S KEEPER by R.C. Sproul), and heading to La-La-Land shortly there after.

Then after naptime it will be time to fix some muffalettas, potato salad, and fruit salad for supper then precious time with our cell group.

No comments: