SAINT PATRICK'S DAY BREAD
A few years ago, I made a very easy and nice bread for St. Patrick's Day from a WOMAN'S DAY MAGAZINE recipe. With that special day just around the corner, I thought some of you might want to try your hand at it.
2-Ingredient No-Knead Beer Bread
Makes: 1 Loaf
Time: 2 min plus 55 min baking
- Be sure the flour is regular self-rising flour NOT self-rising cake flour.
- Store airtight at room temperature up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.
2 2/3 cups self-rising flour (NOT self-rising cake flour)
12 oz beer, freshly opened, chilled or at room temperature
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 9 x 5 x 3-in. loaf pan.
2. Put flour in a medium bowl. Add beer and stir with a rubber spatula just until mixed and flour is moistened completely. Scrape into prepared pan.
3. Bake 50 to 55 minutes until top is lightly browned, sides pull away from pan and pick inserted near center comes out clean.
4. Cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes, then turn out on rack to cool.
5. To serve: Cut in 1/2-in.-thick slices with a serrated bread knife.
Per slice (18 per loaf): 71 cal, 2 g pro, 15 g car, 1 g fiber, 0 g fat (0 g saturated fat), 0 mg chol, 1 mg sod