Sunday, November 04, 2012

SUNDAY SMILING


A lot has brought smiles to my face and my heart today including listening to my kids and the other We Will Go teens lead worship, getting a picture of Anna on my phone sent from Chicago where she's visiting friends this weekend, eating yummy made-by-me burgers for lunch, and getting to know the volunteers from Grace Baptist who came to help us serve our evening meal to our neighbors this evening.

But what had me smiling the most, through and through? This little princess.

PicMonkey Collage J and Elysa

She arrived this morning at our house and spent the time before we left for church prancing and spinning and posing in her fit-for-royalty dress. And then at church, after the worship time, she curled up in my lap and slept. Yes, my bottom was hurting and my legs were in pain after the first thirty minutes or so, but there was no way I was going to wake her up and make her get up. Some sweet blessings are just worth the discomfort and this little We Will Go friend is one of the sweetest ones God has sent my way since moving us to Jackson.


Every good and perfect gift is from above,
coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights,
who does not change like shifting shadows.

James 1:17



So what good thing has had you smiling on this Sunday?

No comments: