Monday, November 05, 2012

PROUD OF MY BIRTHDAY GIRL

Happy Birthday to Anna aka Punkie aka Indie aka Nahna (as Betsie used to say before she could talk properly).

Anna and two boys edited

I'm not with you in person today, as you're flying home from a few days of visiting mission-trip friends in Chicago, but I'm definitely with you in my thoughts. I went to sleep thinking about you and I woke up thinking about you.

You have grown up in amazing ways.

You are smart, beautiful, compassionate, Christ-seeking, strong, eloquent, loyal, trust worthy, hard working, independent, capable, fierce, and confident. In fact, it is a good thing you're not telepathic, too, because if you were, and you could hear how often I brag on you, the confidence would be over the top and make you truly insufferable. As it is now, you are just totally secure in who God made you to be and from that place of knowing who you are in Christ, you are willing to do anything He calls you to do.

That is pretty amazing.

I am so proud of you.

And I love you a whole heck of a lot, too.

See you tomorrow in New Orleans for a crazy-good belated birthday celebration!

No comments: