Thursday, June 28, 2012

YOU'RE RAISING ME

Here's the latest from my daughter Anna in Bungoma, Kenya, located near the Ugandan border:

africa_map resized and edited

Sometimes, God does so many incredible things in you and through you that all you can do is drop to your knees in humble adoration. Sometimes, God works in you so deep that it's all you can do to accept his teaching and movements in your heart. The next two weeks in Kenya are going to be falling alot into the latter category for me.

In Uganda, I was nearly overwhelmed by the leaps and bounds God was growing me. And I was totally overwhelmed by some of the things God did with me. I was challenged, to be sure, in Uganda, but I was mostly being challenged by my outward circumstances, not as much challenged by my own heart and flesh. Coming into Kenya, I was expecting we'd be in the middle of nowhere, and that outside challenges would continue to be the means God used to grow me. Boy, was I wrong.

We walked into a gorgeous house around midnight four days ago that is our base house here in Kenya. There's electricity, running water, and beds with real mattresses. The second I knew that's where we'd be staying, I realized the challenges in Kenya, will be mostly within my own heart. Which is honestly way more intense and hard for me to deal with. And of course also exactly why God has me right here, right now.

I'd be lying if I said I was totally excited about everything God is doing in me. I am excited, but it's too hard and painful to be just completely stoked about. That said, I desperately want God's movement in me. I desperately need to be more like Jesus. I know in Kenya I'm gonna be broken in ways I never imagined, but I know this is the fire of refinement for me.

I want to be one today centered and true. I'm singing 'Spirit take me up in arms with You'. And you're raising the dead in me now, but I'm not copping out, when you're raising the dead in me.

Go ahead and raise the dead in me, God. Let's get this out in the open. I'm ready for your Spirit to break and remake me.

To read more reports from Anna's team, visit their blog at http://expedition.adventures.org/.

No comments: