Wednesday, September 01, 2010


WORKS FOR ME WEDNESDAY

As most of you know, we just moved back into our newly restored house a few weeks ago. Due to the fire, we had to replace all of our kitchen appliances. They looked so pretty when they were brand new.

Now as a mom of seven, I am not crazy enough to think they will stay looking that way forever, but I'd like them to look at decent for a while and I definitely didn't want my flat-top electric stove to start looking nasty before we'd even had our housewarming party!

Well, as is the case when you cook, I had something get on the stove surface and couldn't get it off. I tried the white, squirty, scrubby stuff that came with the stove. Tried it over and over again. Used my Pampered Chef silicon scraper-thingie. Tried BarKeepers Friend. Tried. Tried. Tried.

My friend Karen tried and she's got a bunch more years of housecleaning experience and she couldn't get it off.

In passing, she mentioned that she used Scotch-Brite to clean her's.

So.....next time I was at the store, I snagged some. By this time, the cooked on crud had been on there for a few days and I despaired of it working but figured I'd give it a try.

And it worked!!!!!!!!!! WOW! I'm a believer!!!! And my kids can use it and get it to work for them, too.

We do have to use a little elbow grease, putting some strong pressure as we wipe, but it does the job.

Here's a link to check out the details. Hope it helps your stove top surface stay non-ugly for a little while longer:

http://www.scotch-brite.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Scotch-BriteBrand/Scotch-Brite/Products/Catalog/?PC_7_RJH9U52300V2E0I02BK7KM0GT3_nid=KK5QW0W952gsXS53MBM97Ggl1CVW0DB6DHbl&prodID=KK5QW0W952gs&lang=en_US

No comments: