PRAISE HIM FOR HIS MIGHTY ACTS!
We leave in less than four days from Africa and God has been amazing us with His provision. Here is the newsletter our team leader sent out this morning:
Remember our B-Team verse I shared with you, our Prayer Team, nearly two weeks ago? The truth of that verse is more tangible now than ever!
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
Ephesians 3:20, 21
The Word also tells us:
“Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things he does for me.” Psalm 103:2
So let’s take today to simply praise the Lord and not forget all the things He has done for us!
Let me help remind you of just some of the ways God has blessed our missions trip before we’re even on the plane!
To build your faith in God’s provision.
* God grew our team of 4 to a team of 7, seemingly overnight! Of course, it was the last possible night, but God did it! We had to have six to make the trip happen. So we were very excited when the last two claimed their spots on the B-Team!
* A Child’s Hope International & Kids Against Hunger partnered with us, allowing us to ship hundreds of pounds of aid to Beveni on one of their food cargo ships. It left the US about six weeks ago & will arrive at Beveni appx. 3 weeks after we are there with toiletries for each child, feminine products, medicines, first aid supplies, school supplies & toys, as well as other items. This was an amazing God-connection via Facebook. This offer of cargo palette space on their shipment opened the door for Beveni Outpouring. I knew we’d need money to pay KAH for the supplies they gathered for our carepoint. God knew differently. The supplies on that cargo shipment were donated to us! So that means all the money we raised could now go towards Beveni in other ways!
* Beveni Outpouring 72 - this was so much fun! We attempted to raise $7200 in 72 hours. Though we raised just over $3,000, we’ve seen God bring in LOTS more since then. I felt like that was the kick-off, when momentum really began to pick up. People were spreading the word all over Facebook & gifts came from very unexpected places. One family specifically donated all the funds needed to buy shoes for all the kids. And now? All the kids are getting shoes & socks & an outfit & school supplies, and toys & candy and…
* Bandanas – I asked my Facebook friends if anyone knew where I could get 150 Bandanas for cheap. Within minutes several people were offering ideas, and in less than 20 minutes a very generous soul offered to pay for them & sent money to my PayPal account so I could order them for the Beveni kids – and then a 2nd giver said she just had to get in on it too and also paypal’d money for the kids! There were 37 comments on this one status update… a few people thought I was asking for bananas! And the laughs continued from there! Everyone’s joy was full!
* Delta! Delta! Delta! Oh Delta! This week Delta Airlines agreed to waive the checked baggage fees for all 7 of us to take 4 bags each! That means we are carrying 1,100 POUNDS of supplies with us just for Beveni!
* Passion Ignited! I’ve been so blessed to watch other people catch the vision for our Beveni Carepoint. There’s been so much excitement & so much compassion that we’ve even had a few people do fundraisers of their own to make sure the Beveni kids get all they need! It’s those fundraisers that have put us within $100 of reaching our goal.
* Goals Exceeded! And right now, 4 days before our trip, we sit within $100 of reaching our $5,000 Beveni Kids Fund Goal! But in actuality, we’ve already exceeded it. If we were to add up all the gifts, clothes, toys, school supplies, and discounts we’ve received, I fully believe we’re nearing the $7200 mark of the Beveni Outpouring!
At each new God-encounter, I think this is ICING on the Beveni Cake, but by now, we have so much ICING we might have to bake a new cake just to hold it all!
And I can bet the other six B-Team members have their own stories of God’s abundant provision (I know they do!).
Do you? I challenge you today to take time to remember all of God’s benefits in your life – past & present. May the remembrance of those blessings stir your faith & trust in our Father who always provides!
Thank you for your prayers. Now on Day 4, PRAISE with us!
“Praise Him for His mighty works; praise His unequaled greatness!” Psalm 105:2
With a grateful heart,
Danielle & the B-Team
To sign up to receive daily updates from Danielle before we leave and then when-she-can updates from Africa, go to her website: http://moms4change.net/