Sunday, January 03, 2010

A SUNDAY WELL-SPENT BRINGS....?


"A Sunday well-spent brings a week of content."

Usually.

I read the above quote and though I would generally agree, I don't tonight. This afternoon, two of my daughters spent a good part of our afternoon and evening at a local inner-city ministry, WE WILL GO. As always, I leave there feeling full to overflowing with love and joy and blessings and smiles. But tonight I am not fully content. Mixed in with good things there is concern and sadness.

Scores and scores of men, sometimes over a hundred, come to WE WILL GO in search of spiritual and physical food, free clothing, prayer, fellowship, and other needs to be met each week. And during these cold months, blankets, gloves, hats, and warm clothing are a top priority. Once again, men came looking for winter coats and thick pants to protect them from the elements and once again, there was not a single men's coat. And this time, not a single pair of blue jeans either.

I've mentioned this need before here at Graceland, but if you or a group you are a part of could help keep these men warm this winter, it would be so very appreciated.

Visit the WE WILL GO website for their mailing address or contact me if you have any questions.

http://web.me.com/dlancaster/Site/Home.html

Thanks in advance on behalf of those in need,
Elysa

No comments: