Monday, January 11, 2010

I LOVE MY BULLY EGG


Okay, so if you're not from Mississippi or at least a state close by, you probably are scratching your proverbial head about now.


What the heck is a "Bully" and why is it on an egg, you might be asking.

Well, one thing at a time.

Bully is the mascot for the Mississippi State Bulldogs.

And why is he on an egg? Because I work part-time as a struggling artist at a local children's specialty shop that is famous for its wooden Easter eggs. We sell hundreds and hundreds of them a year. In fact, we got a shipment of a couple of thousand eggs in the other day...all just itching to be personalized.

Usually, the eggs have bunnies on them....bunnies garbed as firefighters, ballerinas, angels, soccer players...even as Amelia Earhart! Whatever a customer can imagine, we can paint.

At Christmas-time, I had painted some college themed ornaments and painted my very first Bully. So today, when I started painting eggs to have on hand ready to sell, I thought I'd make Bully be the bunny.

I enjoy painting the eggs. It brings me joy to see their little personalities come to life. But for some reason, this little Bully especially made me happy. Maybe it is his little snaggle tooth smile. Maybe it is the good memories associated with MSU, after all, I did marry a State boy. But whatever the reason, I really liked the little feller and I just wanted to share him with you here at Graceland.


3 comments:

Renee said...

I would love to get one of your eggs with the Troubadour symbol on it.... how much do they cost?

Elysa said...

Renee---That wouldn't be any problem at all. Go to this link for details:

http://www.commissarytoys.com/page.htm?PG=PERSONALIZED

I would be personally very glad to design and paint one for you.

Elysa said...

P.S. If you decide to order one, just let the person who takes your order know that you want me to paint it.