Monday, February 11, 2013

PATRICK's SUPPORT LETTER


Here is the letter Patrick has written about his upcoming mission trip:

P1180742

Hi.

How's it going? I hope everything is okay. I am writing today to ask for your help.

As you might know, I've been accepted to go on a trip to Swaziland with Adventures in Missions (AIM). This is the same trip that my oldest sister went on a few years ago. I saw how she was changed and she made it sound so awesome and thrilling. So this year I am finally old enough to go on an AIM trip. This fall I prayed that I would know which trip I should go on, and I heard GOD say Swaziland.

I'll be gone for four weeks to Swaziland. AIM sends students/missionaries there every summer, and I am happy that I get to be one! So are my parents. They are really excited that I will be going to Swaziland, not only that I will grow in Christ, but also because it will prepare me to move there at the end of this year.

On this trip, I will serve food at the Care Points, play with the kids, tell Bible stories, and lead worship. Care points are like daycare centers, African-style. They are places that kids of an area like to gather because at a Care Point they get food and water, they get to meet new kids, and they get some education. Another reason kids go is that one or both of their parents are dead from the AIDS virus or have to work hours away. I will be sharing GOD'S love to the kids affected by AIDS.

I really need your help to raise all the money to go on the trip. I need $4,000 by June 21 to be able to cover all my expenses including plane tickets, food, etc, etc. You might be asking, “Why should I help him?” Here's a few answers to your questions.

It is a good idea to help because when you give me support you become my partner. As my partner, you will get to know how my trip is going and what GOD is teaching me. Being my partner also means you will be sharing in the prayer effort towards Swaziland and its people. Another reason to help me is that I bring comfort and laughter anywhere I go. It's just part of who I am. For me, that is the best way to help people. My goal isn't to fix Swaziland, it is to encourage the people I meet there. I can do that by giving food, prayer, comfort, encouragement, and by showing GOD'S love.

A special gift of $500, $250, or whatever you can afford would help me get to Swaziland. Before you give, remember to pray first about becoming my ministry partner. If money is tight, don't worry. I just really need you to pray for me that I will be changed by GOD, and that I will get all the money. Would you also please pray for the people in Swaziland that I will meet. Pray that they will know GOD.

Donations can be given either through AIM's website: http://www.adventures.org/give/donate.asp?giveto=partFund Once you are there, click on “Choose a Program” and select “Ambassador”. Then just fill in my name, Patrick Washburn MacLellan.

Thank you in advance for whatever God leads you to give/pray, and I hope you have a great year.

Patrick MacLellan



 P1180831 Patrick and Thandeka


Thank you for your consideration. If you'd prefer to mail a check, let me know and I'll tell you how to do that or you can just check the AIM website for that information. Also, if you'd like to hold a fund raiser on Patrick's behalf, share this letter with others, or donate something that we can sell or auction to raise money, that would be so much appreciated.

No comments: