Friday, February 15, 2013

A "STARK" but SWEET SURPRISE


For a while now, I've been looking forward to a romantic get-away with my hunky hubby. Life at We Will Go can be pretty intense and the need for quality couple time, though always important, is even more necessary now if we're going to not only effectively minister to others, but minister to each other as well.

I had thought we'd be spending the whole time in Memphis but I was wrong. My husband really kept me in the dark and cooked up a great surprise. After we had been heading north towards Memphis for about an hour or so on Valentine's Day, he abruptly took and exit. I figured Jim just wanted some coffee and a bathroom break, but when he cruised right past the gas stations, I asked him where we were going. At that point, he handed me an old letter I wrote him in our early months of marriage and said I'd find the clue there. I did! It was the Ivy Guest House in Starkville where we spent our first night as a married couple twenty-two years ago. As part of our Valentine's Day/Anniversary/Birthday trip, Jim was taking me back to the same hotel, now with different owners and renamed The Hotel Chester.

Memphis still plays a part in our romantic excursion, but so did the small college town nicknamed Stark-Vegas as did a quick visit to see Jim's parents, the "eat local" Restaurant Tyler, a stroll around memory lane on the campus at Mississippi State University, and a simple but nice breakfast in Hotel Chester's Library dining room.

So happy together! #valentinesday #marriedromance #smiles #ilovemyhusband #date #songlyrics #ilovethisman #friedchicken #macandcheese #burgers #duckburger #sweetpotatoes #eatlocal #locavore #localvore #localtarian #youmightliveinthesouthwhen #southernlivi

God never ceases to surprise and bless me through this man.

No comments: