Saturday, April 21, 2012

GUESS WHAT WE DID TODAY?

Ran, crawled, slogged, swam, ducked, walked, climbed, slipped, danced, jogged, jumped, fell, waded, balanced, wriggled, stumbled, and screamed thru the WARRIOR DASH 5K today.

P4210186 (1) cropped and resized

I participated in it to raise money for ministry in Africa. I called us the "Warriors for Orphans".

P4210193 (1) Cropped and resized

 

It was one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life and, to be honest, while swimming in my heavy running shoes, I worried my children would see me drown there and then. But I survived and around $200 was raised, as a result, for the Children's HopeChest Bheveni Carepoint ministry is Swaziland.

P4210204 (1) The five of us resized (1)


Thanks to everyone who cheered us on, whether in spirit or in person, and thank you so much for those who donated money for the cause of those African children I love so much.

P4210202 (1)

Because today's race was really, really hard, but thinking about those kids not having all that they need is even harder.


P4210150 (1) Supporters resized


I love you all and my friends and family who supported me are definitely warriors, too.  Even if you didn't almost drown in the water obstacle.


 

2 comments:

Karen Deborah said...

Icannot believe my eyes.

Elysa said...

I know, right? Crazy!