Thursday, March 22, 2012

THANKFUL FOR MY SWEET MAMA

Today is my sweet mama's birthday. The younger kids made her cards, I sent her a gift made by a fellow African-freak, and we called her at lunch-time and sang Happy Birthday to her. She said that with my big family, you don't have to wait til church to hear a choir!

IMG_7637 Resized

As our conversation ended, her best friend of thirty-five years arrived to pick her up for lunch. Miss Betty had set up the reservation to do lunch with my mom a month ago. Smart woman. One year I tried to plan a birthday surprise and take her out to lunch but she was already booked up for the day.

You see, folks that know my mom know that she is high quality. She's loyal and gracious and honest. She's the kind of friend --- and mom --- that you can count on to be there when you need her.

I am very thankful to God that I not only have the blessing of knowing her, I have the blessing of having her as my mother.

Happy Birthday, Mama! I love you so much!!!

No comments: