Saturday, September 17, 2011

PRAYING THROUGH THE TEARS TODAY

My heart is heavy today and I'm fighting the tears.

I had really hoped that God would provide a miracle of provision and allow me to leave for Swaziland today with our Bheveni Carepoint team but this was not to be.

I know He can provide this miracle, I've seen it before. But for His perfect reasons that are often beyond my understanding, it wasn't in His plan this time.

I am so happy for the team. I know they've worked long and hard for this day of departure. I know it has meant much sacrifice for a lot of people and big steps in faith. I know God is going to do beautiful, beautiful things through them and in them. But it is hard to be left behind when I want so badly to be winging my way there so I can laugh with my Swazi friends, bless the missionaries who serve so faithfully, encourage the mamas and grandmas who work very hard, hug on those fabulous kids, and snuggle some little ones.

I know my time is coming. God is telling us to take our family for two weeks next summer and then to move there in just a couple of years.

There will be a life-time of Swazi laughs and hugs and blessings and, yes, tears. God's timing is for me to be here now. So while I wait on the future, I ask for the grace and strength to serve those right here around me and to pray fervently for those who have been called to go now.

Danielle, our intrepid and beautiful leader, sent out a message this morning asking for prayers and giving out some trip information.



Would you join me in praying for this team as they go visit the widows and orphans in Swaziland?

Danielle says:

*pray for safe travels for each of our team members ~ from the car rides, to the plane rides, to the elephant rides (just kidding, I think).

*pray that we make our connecting flights, and that our flights remain on time.

*pray that our luggage stays with us ~ and that we are able to avoid any customs issues at the border

*pray for wisdom ~ that we will be representatives of Christ’s integrity and patience.

*and finally, pray that we wouldn’t do anything stupid to embarrass ourselves or the Lord. :)

If you’re interested… our team leaves the Atlanta airport at 7:20p.m. on the 17th, and will be in the air for about 18 hours, arriving at Johannesburg, South Africa at 5:10p.m. on the 18th (they are 7 hours ahead of us) then drive 5 hours to Swaziland the next morning. Shewwww!

Anybody else tired, just reading that?

Now I encourage you to pray Psalm 91 over our team.

1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”

3 Surely he will save you
from the fowler’s snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.

9 If you say, “The LORD is my refuge,”
and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

14 “Because he loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”

Shine On!


And while we are on the subject of praying and Swaziland, I have a few other requests for you.

*We still need to set our trip dates. Pray that we will get that settled.

*The economic situation in Swaziland continues to get worse and worse. When you see people digging thru trash heaps, toddlers with bloated bellies and yellowing hair, little girls prostituting themselves for a loaf of bread, and young mothers dying from lack of medical care because they can't afford the transportation to get to a clinic, it is hard to believe it can get any worse. But it can and it does. Pray for provision and help and change. These are desperate times for many.

*Pray for Dennis and Zwakele Brock. They serve with Adventures in Missions. Dennis' uncle died this week here in America. It is hard to be all the way around the world during times of loss. Pray for Dennis' family here in the States and pray for Dennis and Zwakele as they deal with the distance during this time of mourning.



*Pray for the Petersons, also AIM missionaries, who I have mentioned before here at Graceland. Jenifer's parents are visiting from The States. Pray for traveling mercies and that this will just be an absolutely wonderful time of joy and encouragement.



Thank you, and as the Swazis would say, sala kahle (stay well)!
Elysa

No comments: