Tuesday, September 20, 2011


MAKE ME A CHANNEL OF YOUR PEACE

My friend Danielle Brower is in Swaziland right now loving on a lot of precious children, care providers, and missionaries.


She and her team will be spending the next week asking God to use them for His Kingdom's sake. She sent out an update yesterday and with it, she included the words of a hymn that were her prayer for the team. It is a hymn by Sebastian Temple, based on a prayer of St. Francis.

I pray along with Danielle that this hymn would exemplify what the Bheveni Team is doing but I also pray it would exemplify my life, too, both right now and in the years to come. Would you pray it with me for them and then for yourself?

Make me a channel of your peace:
Where there is hatred, let me bring you love;
Where there is injury, your healing pow’r,
And where there’s doubt, true faith in you.


Make me a channel of your peace:
Where there’s despair in life let me bring hope;
Where there is darkness, – only light,
And where there’s sadness, ever joy.


O Spirit, grant that I may never seek
So much to be consoled as to console,
To be understood as to understand,
To be loved as to love with all my soul.


Make me a channel of your peace.
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
In giving to all that we receive,
And in dying that we’re born to eternal life.

No comments: