Monday, June 20, 2011

MORE SCARVES for MISSIONS

Our son David leaves for his Peru mission trip in less than two weeks. Anna is en route to Asia as I type. It is hard to believe that after all these months of prayer and preparation that Betsie has gone and come back, Anna has gone, and David will soon be gone, too.



In the meantime, we've still got plenty to do such as buying him hiking pants, filling his malaria tablet prescription, and more fund raising.

Yep.

That's right.

More fund raising.

He actually still needs quite a bit. Over $2000 quite a bit.

But God is good and He provides. And one way He is providing is through our online auctions.

While I was in Asia earlier this month, I bought some more scarves. These were actually bought in Laos when we took our day trip across the MehKong River. Here are the scarves and the lovely young woman that sold them to us.



If you want to bid on one, list the number of the scarf along with the "name" given to it, the amount you are bidding, your name, and some kind of contact information.

All bidding will end this Friday evening at 5:00 in order to give time for your money to get to us before he leaves. I'll try to get the scarves in the mail before I leave to take him to the AIM base next week.

SCARF #1 --- GREEN

This scarf measures 68 X 28. It can be worn as a traditional scarf around the neck, or as seen on Betsie, worn as a shawl or wrap.

The starting bid on this scarf is $15.












SCARF #2 --- PINK AND BROWN CIRCLES

This scarf measures 62 X 10. It is a silky material, very light-weight. The great, bold pattern easily dresses up or goes casual.

The bidding on it will start at $12.




SCARF #3 --- BLUE AND BROWN CIRCLES

This scarf also measures 62 X 10 and is a light-weight, silky material. I loved this one so much that I bought one just like it for myself. It is dressy enough to wear with suits and dresses but the colors also make it great for jeans and khakis.

The bidding on this one also starts at $12.






SCARF #4 --- BLACK & WHITE FLORAL

I was tempted to keep this scarf, not only because I love black and white, but because I also love the vintage feel to this one. But, a girl can only wear so many scarves and since I'm trying to add more color to my wardrobe, I decided to let this one go to a good home. It measures 50 X 21 and would be lovely as a neck scarf or a light wrap with slinky going out dresses.

The bidding on this scarf will start at $13.






SCARF #5 --- RED and BLACK

This scarf is light-weight enough to wear during hot weather months but the rich, dark colors make it one that is completely appropriate to be worn into the fall and winter months, too. This beauty measures 28 X 68.



The bidding on this scarf will start at $15.


SCARF #6 --- BROWN and MAGENTA FLORAL

This upbeat, funky scarf is very light-weight and would make a nice evening wrap over bare shoulders or draped around your neck with t-shirts or business blouses. This scarf measures 31 X 19. The bidding on it will start at $13.


I still have a couple of more to post but to be honest, I'm just too tired. We'll start the bidding on these and I'll post the last couple of them tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for your support!

7 comments:

Elysa said...

Dawn Fisher bids $50 on the #1 GREEN scarf and $50 on the #6 BROWN AND MAGENTA one.

Another MUW alum comes thru! THANKS!!!!

Louisa J said...

I'll bid 15 for the black and white one!

Elysa said...

Thank you, Louisa! It is one of my favorites. Just so 1950's/early 60's Screen Star Chic!

Elysa said...

BLUE AND BROWN CIRCLES --- Barbara Haygood bids $25.

THANKS!!!!

JOY said...

I will bid $30 on all the ones still available and under that bid.

Elysa said...

Joy, I need to contact you so I can clarify. You want to bid $30 on JUST THE ONES WITH NO BIDS or $30 on ALL the scarves except #1 and #6 which already have a $50 bid on them. I think you mean the 2nd option which would mean a $30 bid on #2, #3, #4, and #5 but just wanted to make sure.

Elysa said...

Dawn is the winner of #1 and #6. I contacted Joy for clarification and she is the winner of #2, #3, #4, and #5 at $30 each.

Louisa and Miss Barbara, thanks for your bids! We have some more scarves that will be available soon. All profits from them are going toward Thailand missions...to support Jon and Chrissy Espy who are serving in Chiang Rai at the Baptist Church and English School there.